Young Canada Works Development Intern
Latitude 53 is seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual as Development Intern to play an essential role in developing sponsorships, partnerships and donor engagement in the Edmonton region and beyond.
This position is funded in part by the Young Canada Works Program and applicants must be 30 years of age or under and a recent graduate from college or university within the last 24 months.
Latitude 53 is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion within our own organization and strives to provide and maintain a fair and equitable environment for all by valuing and respecting individual differences for our enrichment and that of the community we serve. Latitude 53 is barrier free and the washrooms are non-gendered. Latitude 53 encourages applications from individuals who identify as visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities.
Salary: $18/hr at 30 hours/week
Start Date: July 29, 2019 - March 31, 2020 (35 weeks)
The Development Intern will work directly with the Executive Director, as well as core staff and committees, focusing on two projects: (1) to build capacity through corporate sponsorships and partnerships, and (2) develop a program of individual donations through a philanthropic memberships program.
Specific tasks will include:
- Research on corporations and private foundations to identify those that align with the values of Latitude 53
- Preparing and completing applications through online donation portals
- Researching innovative approaches to sponsorship and engagement in public and private sectors
- Working with the Executive Director to create a development plan and organizational targets
- Working with staff to develop materials for approaching sponsors and partners
- Assessing, building and maintaining relationships with small businesses and local partners
- Working with the Fundraising and Advocacy Committee to research, develop and implement a philanthropic donor program
- Working with artists and curators to identify needs and specifics of projects to develop approaches and pitches to potential donors and sponsors
- Working with the Special Events Committee to secure partnerships for fundraising events
The ideal candidate will be driven and self-motivated with a passion for contemporary art and a desire to build meaningful relationships with organizations and individuals to advance Latitude 53’s mandates. They must have strong oral and written communication skills and experience with Mac computer systems and office programs including spreadsheets, word processing and email. This position will require working in teams, as well as independently, in an open concept office environment. Strong organizational skills, research skills, innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to self-direct are an asset.
Please submit a CV and Letter of Interest / Cover Letter as PDF by 11am MST on Thursday, July 25, 2019 to:
Michelle Schultz, Interim Executive Director, email@example.com
Interview will take place in person or via Skype on July 26 -27, 2019.
Latitude 53 thanks all candidates for their interest, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Prior to interview, candidates will need to confirm they meet the internship eligibility requirements below and register with Young Canada Works.
are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada; Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
are legally entitled to work in Canada;
will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW;
are an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, that is, not employed full-time;
are a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within the last 24 months at the start of employment;
are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with YCW;
have not previously participated in or been paid under this or any other Career Focus internship program funded under the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy.