Latitude 53 Contemporary Visual Culture
Exploring the boundaries of contemporary art.
Latitude 53 creates sites for the intersection of contemporary art and ideas in Alberta.
Latitude 53 is Alberta’s leading contemporary art centre that:
- Animates and promotes thought provoking local, national, and international visual art
- Stimulates artistic research and education, audience engagement, and experimental art practices
- Provides a supportive environment for artists taking risks
Latitude 53 values:
- Critical engagement
For more detail on how we intend to support our values from 2013-2018, download our Strategic Plan (91.51 KB).
- President: Holly Sykora
- Vice President: James Smith
- Treasurer: Hayat Kirameddine
- Secretary: Meagan Alton
- Jessie Beier
- Brenda Draney
- Derek Hopfner
- Sarah Hoyles
- Sean Garrity
- Anya Tonkongy
- Victoria Wiercinski
- Executive Director: Todd Janes
To contact the Board of Directors of Latitude 53 directly, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the 2013/2014 Annual Report (7.2 MB)
- Download the 2012/2013 Annual Report (920.56 KB)
- Download the 2011/2012 Annual Report (5.06 MB)
- Download the 2010/2011 Annual Report (2.82 MB)
- Download the 2009/2010 Annual Report
Founded in 1973 by a collective of Edmonton artists, Latitude 53 is a not-for-profit artist-run centre. We provide a non-coercive environment to assure the freedom of the artist, and give the public access to new art forms. Latitude 53 supports the research and development of new artistic practices and concepts, and encourages experimentation by artists through diverse programming. While experimentation in visual culture is the emphasis of the work that Latitude 53 facilitates, we seek work in a variety of disciplines, to become a locus for experimental culture.
Organizational management and administration; exhibitions programming; Visualeyez curator; external relations and engagement — email@example.com
Exhibition and project coordination, community gallery coordination, program and exhibitions submission queries — firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications, media relations, publicity, web coordination and digital relations — email@example.com
Development, special events, sponsorship and partnership coordination — firstname.lastname@example.org
We will soon be seeking a Administrative Coordinator to oversee: administration; facility rentals; accounts payable and receivable, membership and volunteer coordination, Circle of Friends coordination, and day-to-day operational management and maintenance. We are not considering applicants yet, but inquiries are welcome.
Keep in touch with Latitude 53