Like Edmonton Latitude 53 is growing, and we need the support of new and returning members to ensure a future for contemporary visual culture in Edmonton.
As Edmonton’s oldest artist-run centre we rely on a membership of art-lovers and artists who support our programming and operational costs. Membership and donations reduce our reliance on government grants, allowing us to create a stable space for contemporary art in Alberta.
Join with us, and help continue the support of contemporary art in Edmonton.
Your membership fee supports Latitude 53's role as a forum for dialogue about contemporary art practices through exhibitions, performances, readings, seminars, workshops, and interpretive programming. Latitude 53 helps to create a sense of community: to meet other members involved in the visual arts, to network, socialize, and to create discourse.
Members receive information on upcoming shows and events at Latitude 53 and may vote during our Annual General Meeting.
You can become a member in person at the gallery, by phone, or online through our PayPal account.
- Receive information about our upcoming exhibitions and programs and invitations to opening receptions, artist talks and special events by mail and email.
- A chance to meet other members passionate about Edmonton’s arts community and contemporary culture
- Free admission to the gallery all year long, and a chance to bring guests to exclusive events like The Fine Art of Schmoozy
- An opportunity to attend and vote at our annual general meeting
Help Latitude 53 to build a new place for contemporary art and culture in downtown Edmonton.
Find out more about how you can support Latitude 53 financially.
Circle of Friends
Looking to deepen your connections with Edmonton's creative community? Find out more about our new philanthropic program, Circle of Friends.
Partner with Latitude 53 by becoming a corporate member – just $250 gets you (for one calendar year):
- 4 transferable membership cards for free access to the gallery;
- acknowledgement in our quarterly publications;
- advanced information about exhibitions and special events;
- a 20% discount on rental of the gallery for meetings/other events;
- reduced prices on tickets for special events and;
- the ability to vote and help make decisions at general meetings.
Find out more about this new program by contacting Development Coordinator Karen Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org.